[Koha] exporting bibliographic records

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Tue May 7 04:43:49 NZST 2013

I'm running a slightly older version 3.10.02 in my test system
I searched for everything with item type books - 5351 records
I exported everything from biblio number 000000 to biblio number 999999,
Item type books, Library: all
and got 5339 records.

The export is not doing what I expect it to do, based on the search results.
Why? How?  I don't know what is causing the discrepancy, but I am
confirming that the results don't match.

Do both processes search for information in the same fields?  If not, that
could be the problem.
Elaine

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 3:15 AM, schnydszch <eugenegf at yahoo.com> wrote:

> My concern is to export everything supposedly but it only gives me 5,273
> imported marc records and when I run your mysql query it gives me 56,962. I
> have many item types and this includes newspaper articles aside from books.
> First concern is why I only get exported 5,273 records. Second, when I
> import by item type and tried it with books again ticking only item type
> books and library all, I get in my export 5,261 out of 8,091 (8,091 is what
> I get when I search the OPAC for itemtype books). I reviewed the MARC
> records through Marcedit and get into the very last record, get its
> biblionumber and painstakingly go to that record in OPAC results (in this
> example, I get biblionumber 49087 and the next record 49089). So I export
> again now putting 49089 in From biblionumber and nothing in To biblio
> number: ) and I get 746 records. Adding up 5261 and 746 does not give me
> all
> book item type. So that's 6007 and I went again in my opac result, went to
> record no. 6007, compare the Marcedit from the OPAC search result and I
> have
> the same record in search result # 6007 which is biblionumber 49851. And so
> I export again now putting 49851 in From biblionumber and nothing in To
> biblionumber: I get 1,978 records so adding it up in previous count of
> 6,007, I get 7985, 106 records short. And repeat the process until I get to
> my desired MARC records. So, how come it did not export the MARC records in
> first time export? Could this be a bug or something? Thanks and have a nice
> day!

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)