[Koha] How to link Koha with another software

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 02:00:21 NZDT 2013

It is certainly possible to do if you have someone with some programming
experience. I did something similar when I first wanted single signon
between Libki and Koha. I added some code into koha so that every time a
Koha user was updated, it would call a script I wrote which would read the
data from Koha and then update the database in Libki. You want to go the
other way though, so you need to either be able to trigger the execuation
of a script when you make a change in Filemaker, or more simply, you could
write a script that runs nightly and updates all the users in the Koha
database each night. You can see what data Koha stores about patrons here:
http://schema.koha-community.org/tables/borrowers.html

Kyle

http://www.kylehall.info
ByWater Solutions ( http://bywatersolutions.com )