[Koha] SQL runs outside of staff client but not inside it

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Thu Mar 21 05:00:30 NZDT 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 8:50 AM, Doug Dearden <dearden at sarsf.org> wrote:
> The problem definitely lies in the first half of the code where I am loading date information into variables to build the begin and end dates.  If that code is removed and actual dates entered for the BETWEEN values the report runs fine in the staff client.

The guided reports module has support for placeholders, detailed here:

http://manual.koha-community.org/3.10/en/reportsfaq.html#runtimefaq

In your specific example, if you were always basing the criteria on
the current day, you could likely construct expressions for the WHERE
clause that had the desired effect without needing variables or
parameters.

> If the answer here is that it isn't going to run in the staff client, I can set it up to run on the server and create a cron job to automate it.  If that is the case should I open a bug for this, or am I getting outside of the scope of the guided reports tool to begin with?

It's pushing the scope of the guided reports tool, since one of its
design points is attempting to prevent the user from constructing SQL
statements that could update, delete, or otherwise damage the
database.  Multi-line statements would be harder to evaluate.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton