[Koha] Sudoc icons have incompatible licensing?

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Tue Mar 19 09:07:12 NZDT 2013

Liz,

I was looking at the About page as part of another patch, and noticed
> this bit:
>

>     The Sudoc Icon Set
>
>   * Les icones Sudoc
>   * The Sudoc Icon Set is licensed under a Creative Commons
>     Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 License by Agence
>     Bibliographique de l'Enseignement Supérieur
>
> As I understand it, Non-Commercial is a dangerous license for us as a
> project, and I have concerns about including this icon set when it is so
> licensed.
>
> Thoughts? Feelings?

I have reverted the Sudoc icons' inclusion in Koha. Unless and until they
are relicensed with a GPL-compatible license, they cannot be included in
Koha.

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/