[Koha] Is it recommended to use Lubuntu Server on a production server koha?

sheldon_tappin thecarterii at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 19 04:19:56 NZDT 2013

Hi All,

*Is it recommended to run Koha live CD based on Lbuntu 12.04 on a production
server?*

I am asking this question because we updated from koha version 3.02.xx to
koha 3.10.03 on Ubuntu 10.10 and experienced issues when it comes to
searching for records. I haven't been able to find a solution to the search
problem as yet and our services temporarily at a standstill.

However, a workaround to the above problem was found when we installed Light
weight Koha live CD based on Lbuntu 12.04. We restored our database, ran the
the rebuild_zebra.pl file and it worked fine. This was done locally.

Please advise if it is okay to run the Koha live CD based on Lbuntu 12.04 on
a production server.

Best Regards,
Sheldon