[Koha] Cron does not trigger email notifications script - help

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 30 01:53:30 NZST 2013

Greetings,

> koha-conf.xml path also has been set properly in both the files.
>
> 1) kOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/mvs/koha-conf.xml
> 2) /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/context .pm

You shouldn't be editing anything in /usr/share/koha/lib/C4.
I am assuming you mean something closer to:
KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/mvs/koha-conf.xml
PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib

> when the script run manually ( ./process_message_queue.pl),
> Koha and postfix is able to send mails.

Good to know.

> but koha cron is not processing respective script
> on the scheduled time and not delivering emails.

Okay, so we know your problem.

> cron entry is:
>
> # SEND EMAILS
> 15   * * * *  __KOHA_USER__  $KOHA_CRON_PATH/process_message_queue.pl

I am going to assume that your $KOHA_CRON_PATH is set correctly (something
like /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs).

Okay, you said you used packages. This makes sense, because of your
KOHA_CONF setting. In fact, your koha-create command must have created an
instance called 'mvs'. We also know that the script you are trying to run
is: /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs/process_message_queue.pl

I seriously doubt you have a user __KOHA_USER__. Though, I suppose that
could just be a typo missing a $ in front of it.

$ grep koha /etc/passwd
library-koha:x:1004:1004:Koha instance
library-koha,,,:/var/lib/koha/library:/bin/bash

When you run koha-create, you should get an entry in the form of <instance
name>-koha added to /etc/passwd.

So, I would expect something more like:
# SEND EMAILS
15   * * * *  mvs-koha  $KOHA_CRON_PATH/process_message_queue.pl

Though, I would need you to tell me which file you are looking at, so that I
can be sure.

And lastly, you also should check out what Mirko said.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett