[Koha] FW: [Fwd: "No copies available" for all items after importing MARC records]

King, Fred Fred.King at Medstar.net
Thu Jun 27 00:27:48 NZST 2013

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay in responding--I pried myself away from my computers for a few days' camping. I'm running 3.12.0 on Xubuntu installed from Koha Live DVD 3.10 and then updated/upgraded. Here's what I ended up doing:

Run fix_onloan.pl
Create a dummy user account.
Check out every book in the collection to the user, then check them back in.
Everything should show as available now.

Elegant? No. Time-consuming for a huge collection? Yes. (Our collection is around 19,000 items.) The best way to do it? Probably not. The only benefit is that it works.

It goes much faster if you can get a list of all the barcodes in the system, then use KOC files to do mass-checkouts. MUCH faster than scanning every barcode.

E-mail me if you'd like details, or I can post to the list if anyone thinks it would be useful.

Fred King
fred.king at medstar.net
202-877-6221

Subject: [Koha] "No copies available" for all items after importing MARC
records
From:    "Steven Nickerson" <snicker1 at maine.rr.com>
Date:    Fri, June 21, 2013 4:45 pm
To:      koha at lists.katipo.co.nz

Hi everyone,

   I'm running Koha 3.12.0.0 installed from the Debian packages.   I've used
MarcEdit to create some MARC records to import our "holdings" but when I
search ALL items come up showing "No copies available" for an Availability
status.   I did pretty much the same thing a couple of months back on our
"test" environment and was successful at getting all of our records imported
and created a "template" / map file in MarcEdit that I used again this time
to try to import into our "production" system, but  am now getting this
message for all items.   I'm not 100% sure what version of Koha our "test"
system was running (and it is now shutdown), but is it possible that some
fields are now in different places in the database?

I have looked at items.barcode, items.homelibrary, and items.holdinglibrary
and all 3 of those fields have correct values in my current database.are
there other fields that are required for Koha to know that we actually hold
a copy of that item for check-out?

I also did notice on the MARC import in Koha that the "MARC21" encoding set
was NOT an available choice.only UTF-8 and MARC8 and a couple of
others.could this have something to do with it?   Are my records not getting
imported properly, perhaps?  If so, how do I enable MARC21 format in Koha?

Any ideas what I might be missing or where else to look?

THANKS!

Steve

CONFIDENTIAL: The information contained in this communication,
including its attachments, may contain confidential information and
is intended only for the individual(s) or entity(ies) to whom it is
addressed. The information contained in this communication may also
be protected by legal privilege, federal law or other applicable
law. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication,
you are hereby notified that any distribution, dissemination or
duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please immediately
delete and destroy all copies of this message and please
immediately notify us of the error by separate communication. Thank
you.