[Koha] Importing MARC from the Command Line

Nicole Engard nengard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 01:11:31 NZST 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 5:12 AM, Fischer, Katrin
<Katrin.Fischer at bsz-bw.de>wrote:

> stage_file.pl let's you specify the matching rule you want to use:
>
> --match <match_id>
> use this option to match records
> in the file with records already in
> the database for future overlay.
> If <match_id> isn't defined, a default
> MARC21 ISBN & title match rule will be applied
> for bib imports

Katrin,

That part I understood from the documentation, but what happens when a
match is found? I want the record I'm importing to overlay the one on the
system.  But the documentation implies that the matching one I'm importing
will be ignored.

Nicole