[Koha] Koha multiple instance

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 20 02:44:16 NZST 2013

Greetings,

> Now, my question before i proceed, I might mess up with a working
> Koha instance, is how to set up environment variable correctly
> I've set up only KOHA_CONF = /etc/koha/sites/test1/koha-conf.xml
> but for PERL5LIB and KOHA_CRON_PATH, i'm
> not confident with /usr/share/koha/lib and /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs
> respectively.

You should notice in your apache configuration files that there is
SetEnv KOHA_CONF=...
SetEnv PERL5LIB=...
And they differ for the two instances. That is why your two instances work.

As for the cronjobs, I'll let someone else answer. I believe you can pass
paths and such before calling the script. I just don't recall how off the
top of my head.

And lastly, tcohen was most definitely correct in not mixing instructions
between a packages installation (.deb) and a tarball installation. Where the
files end up configured differ, though if you are familiar enough with the
files, you should be able to figure out the mapping between the two in your
head. This, however, is not advised.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett