[Koha] Marc Fields 336, 337, 338 (RDA)

Hernandez, Heather heather_hernandez at nps.gov
Sat Jun 15 10:01:05 NZST 2013

Elaine wrote:
>  I think most libraries will have a mix of both types of records in their
> catalogues for some time.
> Possibly always?  After all, how many records do you find in the Library of
> Congress' database that say "Old catalog"?

"Always" for our catalog!  We have records cataloged according to
AACR2R, AACR2, AACR, ALA 1949 Rules, other rules, and although I blush
to say it, it's true--briefly "cataloged" according to no known rules
(they *are* scheduled for future cataloging projects).  As long as the
fields that RDA records need are in our frameworks, the records should
coexist happily.

I expect my copy cataloging will be AACR2R for some time, since most
of the items we get are older, while all the original cataloging will
be RDA (as of Monday--fun!).

Cheerio!
heather
Heather Hernandez
Technical Services Librarian
Cultural Resources and Museum Management Division
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park
heather_hernandez at nps.gov
415-561-7032 (voice)       415-556-3540 (fax)
http://www.nps.gov/safr/historyculture/library-collections.htm

"The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail."--Gustaf Lindborg