[Koha] error on import Marc Record from z39.50 servers listed in Koha

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon Jun 10 21:04:27 NZST 2013

Mesfin Teshome <mesfinatyh at yahoo.com>
> Software error:
> Can't call method "data" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/AuthoritiesMarc.pm line 273.
>
> Some of the books are:
> 	* The Political writings of St. Augustine
> 	* Calvin's Calvinism
> What should I be looking at to troubleshoot this problem.

The koha-error_log (I may have the punctuation wrong) file might
contain more detail on the error.

AuthoritiesMarc and it having worked for you on 3.8 makes me think it
may be something subtle connected to authorities setup/linking, but it
should give a nicer error than that if it was simply something like an
author not listed in the authorities index.

A fairly common problem importing from z39.50 servers is getting the
encoding wrong (UTF-8 when it's really MARC8 or the other way around).

It could even possibly be a bug, so searching bugs.koha-community.org
would be a good idea.

Hope that helps,