[Koha] Instruction/document on items (holdings) migration

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Jun 7 10:57:08 NZST 2013

Iming Chan schreef op do 06-06-2013 om 14:42 [-0700]:
> However, I am having a lot of trouble importing our items (holdings).
> Unfortunately our old system doesn't export holdings/items with bib.
> records
> in MARC format.  At this moment, I suspect my problem relates to data
> conversion from csv to MARC using MarcEdit.

I know nothing about MarcEdit, but basically what Clint says is correct.
You need to have your CSV be turned into a 952 entry per holding, and
attached to the correct biblio record.

The relevant 952 fields are documented here:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Holdings_data_fields_(9xx)

If you're familiar with Perl scripting at all, I have a script that does
something very similar for a migration from eLM I'm working on at the
moment. It loads the items from a CSV and the biblio from MARC,
rearranges things to fit Koha better, attaches the item data converted
to a 952 field, and writes out a new MARC record for import into Koha.

https://gitorious.org/+catalyst-koha/koha-toolbox/catalyst-koha-migration-toolbox/blobs/master/migration/eLM/export/merge_bib_items.pl

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.