[Koha] Item (Holdings) import problem -- Help!

Iming Chan imingchan at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jun 7 00:22:44 NZST 2013

Dear all,

I seem to have trouble attaching items to correct bibliographic records.  I
have setup data matching using 001 Control Number and I believe this is
working fine.  After import holdings (in MARC format), I checked a known
title and noticed there are several items attached when it should be one.
While others have no item attached when they should!  Strangely, when I look
at the Holdings closely, the Owner Branch, Current Branch, Call Number,
Price, etc. all seems to be split over several lines instead all on one line
(as there is only one item not multiple ones).

Do I need to remove each Leader and 008 when there are several items linked
to a bibliographic record?  If so, do we just need to leave a blank line
between the copies?  How do I strip such details in MarcEdit?

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Iming

-----

Iming Chan
Translib Information Service