[Koha] Install on Precise (ubuntu 12.04)

L.W.Johnstone donjon at shc.edu.bz
Sun Jul 28 03:36:08 NZST 2013

Hi Guys,

I have been running a virtual machine and trying to install Koha for testing
purposes...

I have noted the following problems with the instructions for ubuntu...

buildessentials must be install before doing any installs within perl.

I am wondering if there some more packages which must be installed in ubuntu
before actually proceeding to to the set up of Koha, because i have the
following parts which will not install within perl...

1. Net::Z3950::ZOOM
2. PDF::API2::Simple
3. XML::LibXML
4. XML::LibXSLT

Now, in the two latter cases I have installed libxml2-dev and libxslt1-dev
I suspect there are other packages which are not apparent from the names
shown above...
please let me know what they are. :(

regards,
les