[Koha] Help Re: Journal Articles

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Tue Jul 9 02:11:07 NZST 2013

At 09:43 AM 7/8/2013 -0400, King, Fred wrote:
>Hello Alice, and everyone,
>
>Funny you should bring this up. I was planning to bring it up myself a
>while later after we got our system running smoothly, but this seems like
>a good time since we're not the only ones interested in this kind of a project.

We're also interested in serial indexing in Koha.  At the moment, we are
using our "old" web indexing from a direct 856u and 856z link in Koha (see
example at
<http://opac.navalmarinearchive.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=19275>)
but given that we hold about half a million journals and periodicals, this
is not the most elegant solution, and requires substantial manual
intervention for ongoing subscriptions.

I would be quite prepared to put some time and effort into a "Koha solution."

Best - Paul