[Koha] Koha 3.12.00.000 and stopwords

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 02:18:49 NZST 2013

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 7:50 AM, amutsikiwa <amutsikiwa at uzlib.uz.ac.zw>wrote:

> Hi
>

> I  have upgraded to 3.12.00.000 from 3.10.5. However, if I do  a search on
> the OPAC it seems the system is not recognizing key words. Is there
> anything
> I should do?  It appears the QueryRemoveStopwords under system pref->
> Searching has been removed. Any pointers to resolving the challenge?

Challenge accepted :-D

As far as I can tell, stop words (from the user interface where available
on NoZerba setups. As Zebra is mandatory nowadays, the syspref was removed
as caused several problems.

Currently, stopwords are handled in the
 /etc/koha/zebradb/lang_defs/<language>/sort-string-utf.chr (find it
somewhere in the zebradb dir if tarball install).

You will find lines like this:

map (^The\s)    @

This example weights "nothing" to the word "The" (followed by space) if it
occurs at the beggining of a sentence. Hence, it won't appear in search
results as desired.

Good luck!
To+