[Koha] Customise OPAC title bar and additional search options

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Fri Jul 5 03:13:34 NZST 2013

At 04:41 AM 7/4/2013 -0700, Iming Chan wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>Just in the process of customise OPAC and I would like to know how to do the
>following:
>
>1. How do I remove the word "catalog" from the webpage title bar as it seems
>to have been hard coded?  I have used Koha Administrator > Global System
>Preferences > OPAC to add our library name.  Locally, we spell it as
>"Catalogue" instead of "Catalog".

[version 3.8] Yes, it's hard coded in the templates (*.tt -- example
opac-main.tt, opac-results.tt, etc) in
/usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/prog/en/modules between
'doc-head-open.inc' and 'doc-head-close.inc'...  I once edited all of these
(we also prefer English English to US English), but you lose some|many|most
of them on upgrades. And there's many more uses of the US spelling
'catalog' -- see your para 2. (below) "Library Catalog" ;={

>2. Also how do I add more search options on the main page?  This will be in
>addition to the existing ones (i.e. Library Catalog, Title, Author, Subject,
>etc.) on the dropdown list?

More complex -- what exactly are you looking for, and for which version of
Koha?

Paul