[Koha] MARC import problem

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Tue Feb 26 08:38:46 NZDT 2013

I will clarify
 I can bring up a record  using /cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/
detail.pl?biblionumber=NNN <http://detail.pl/?biblionumber=NNN>
The records seem complete (including attached items). I can edit and save
the record, and the edits remain in place.
If I click on the option to open the record in the OPAC I get an ERROR 404
If I search for the record  (key word, title, author, item type, bar code,
biblio number) the record cannot be retrieved.
None of the 709 records from this upload can be found using normal search
methods. All the records that were in the catalogue  before the upload seem
to work ok.

I'm going through the records now to see if I can spot any fatal errors
with the MARC.
One thing I noticed - the 040 field is missing.  But if I edit a record and
add this in, it does not correct the problem.  The record is still not
searchable.

Further testing of the system:
I took one of the non-searchable records and did Edit as new (duplicate).
 Not surprisingly a record created this way had all the same problems as
above.

Creating a new record using the default framework gives the same results as
the last import.

Creating a new record through z39.50 download  fails  with the following
 message: All arguments must be MARC::Field objects at
/home/koha/koha-test/intranet/cgi-bin/cataloguing/addbiblio.pl line 150

I don't know if these are all related. Clearly we've got problems
somewhere.  But I'm not sure where to look.

Elaine

--
Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler