[Koha] Subject tracing help

Charles Hill chhi9337 at Colorado.EDU
Thu Feb 21 12:06:02 NZDT 2013

Hello,

I am having trouble getting the tracing of subjects the way I would like. We are running v. 3.8 and have UseAuthoritiesForTracings set to 'Don't use' and 'TraceSubjectSubdivisions' set to 'Include' and are using the Zebra index. However, whenever a subject tracing is clicked in the OPAC, it searches by the linked authority record, and does not include the subdivisions. Might we have other system preferences conflicting, have I wholly misunderstood the function of these system preferences, or might this just be an irregularity with our system? I would like to allow our users to be as granular as they would like with subject tracings. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thank you,
Charles Ed Hill
Natural Hazards Library - University of Colorado, Boulder