[Koha] borrowing extremely slow

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Fri Feb 8 17:10:22 NZDT 2013

On 8 February 2013 17:04, Sandra Busutel <sbusutel at stpeters.nsw.edu.au> wrote:
> We find it is taking around 15 seconds to borrow and item after  having
> zapped the barcode. This is far too slow when you have 30 children waiting
> in line. Can anyone suggest how we can speed this up?
> Sandra

Hi Sandra

What version of Koha are you running? What specs is the server that is
serving Koha, what is the network like between your circulation
computers and the Koha server. What specs are the circulation machines
and what browser are the using?
15 seconds is an incredibly long time, I don't think it should be 1 or
maybe 2 seconds tops, so something is going really wrong in your setup
somewhere, the trick is finding where.

Chris