[Koha] Koha in 200+ public schools in Italy

Paolo Dongilli paolo.dongilli at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 13:15:23 NZDT 2013

Dear all,

my name is Paolo and I work as enterprise architect for the Autonomous
Province of Bozen-Bolzano (South Tyrol, Italy). We plan to dismiss the old
client-server system in use in 200+ German and Ladin school libraries.
There are around 60 high schools, 60 medium-sized middle and ground schools
and 80 small-sized middle and ground schools. The total number of physical
resources is around 850,000 units.

I want to propose the introduction of Koha and I would be grateful if  you
could provide some experiences of the same or higher order of magnitude to
be presented as examples. I would also appreciate some technical hints or
examples of minimum requirements in terms of hardware and LAMP stack.

I thank you in advance and send you in the meantime my best regards.

Paolo.