[Koha] unrecognized Armenian and Russian letters

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 20:29:44 NZDT 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Haik Zargaryan <haikzargaryan at yahoo.com>wrote:
<snipped>

When I click on the author name new page is opened but no result is found.
> The reason is that although the name in the Refine search tab is displayed
> correctly, when we click on it koha does not recognize some letters and
> generates a new query with unrecognized characters. I am more than sure
> that this is the problem because when I substitute the unrecognized
> characters in the generated link with the proper ones koha retrieves the
> queried records.

Which version of Koha are you using?

Sounds similar to something I faced with Bengali script (UTF-8) about a few
months back.

I found that any 'block' passed through the "html" filter passed with
flying colors, however when it passed through "url", it got "encoded" -
from bengali utf-8 to into %nn hex escapes

The "hack" involved dropping the "url" filter altogether or using the
"html" filter instead in the affected template file.

However, "fixing' it this way looks like a bad (non-standard and broken)
idea to me. YMMV.

cheers
-idg

--
Indranil Das Gupta

Phone : +91-98300-20971
Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg