[Koha] Using Koha to issue equipment

Elwyn Sheehan elwyn.sheehan at mediadesign.school.nz
Mon Feb 4 12:51:37 NZDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm a complete newbie - hoping to install Koha this year in our library - but have a couple of questions about issuing technical equipment...

Does anyone have any experience using Koha to issue equipment (e.g. cameras, lights) for short term loan periods? Can you give me feedback on how well it works and if there are any pitfalls to avoid when setting up this kind of system? And lastly, has anyone integrated a booking system (using a calendar) with Koha, for the purposes of equipment loan?

I did a quick search of the Koha site and found one reference to, I think, the Norwegian Naval College using Koha to issue equipment... If anyone has any useful info it would be much appreciated!

Kind regards,
Elwyn

Librarian
Media Design School
92 Albert St, Auckland, NZ

Note:
This message is for the named person's use only.
It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.
No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.
If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender.
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.
Media Design School and any of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.

Thank You.