[Koha] Koha : Customized Live DVD

vinod vinod_librarian at rediffmail.com
Fri Feb 1 00:32:15 NZDT 2013

Dear All,

Its my pleasure to share experience with koha over the internet in the form
of Koha live DVD (3.8.9) which is almost similar to the Koha which has been
implemented at IIT Roorkee, Saharanpur Campus. DVD provides many
customizations which can convert your Koha OPAC into library website also.
Therefore you can use this live DVD for automation and creation of your
Library website in a single server.

Some useful display and searching features has been added, so simply you
need to edit the text and links given in the codes in koha "GLOBAL SYSTEM
PREFERENCES' option or you can delete all to add your own codes.

There are several unique features of this DVD like direct backup in your pen
drive, search by acc.number in home page, display of acc. number in detailed
display etc. Please feel free to contact for any assistance/suggestions.

You may also refer other koha live dvd made by Mr. Vimal Kumar
(http://vimalkumar.org/koha). Its my moral responsibility to share my
experiences with community as i achieved the same due to sharing of
knowledge. The detail documents are downloadable from the website.I am
thankful to the Librarian,Dy. Librarian, other staffs of IITR, Professor
In-Charge SRE Campus Library, and users of Library who appreciated a lot for
the whole work.

Download Koha live DVD : http://sourceforge.net/projects/vkmkoha/files/

Installation Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mg8h394E28