[Koha] Problem with the upgrade - OPAC search not working

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Dec 31 11:20:03 NZDT 2013

Amber Bole schreef op ma 30-12-2013 om 11:52 [-0600]:
> 12:39:24-30/12 zebraidx(13255) [warn] Failed to open
> /var/lib/koha/mgskoha/biblios/register/rci-0.mf [Permission denied]
> 12:39:24-30/12 zebraidx(13255) [fatal] mf_read2 reci internal error

The directory (/var/lib/koha/mgskoha/biblios/register/) isn't writeable
by whatever user the zebra indexing process is running as.

I'm going to assume you're using packages for the instructions below:
     1. delete the directories that zebra stores its information in:
             1. sudo rm -rf /var/lib/koha/mgskoha/authorities
             2. sudo rm -rf /var/lib/koha/mgskoha/biblios
     2. recreate them with the right permissions:
             1. sudo koha-create-dirs mgskoha
     3. rebuild zebra:
             1. sudo koha-rebuild-zebra -v --full mgskoha

Be sure that you get the rm -rf commands totally correct, they can be
dangerous if you typo.

This situation can happen if you use the non-package commands
incorrectly on a package install. My guess is that someone ran
rebuild_zebra.pl as root at some point, instead of using
koha-rebuild-zebra. This can cause the permissions to get messed up, and
this sort of thing happens. Always use the package commands (koha-*)
with the package installations. If you must do something manually, run:

sudo koha-shell libraryname

first. This will set up the permissions and such for you, also setting
up the environment to point to your config file so you don't have to do
it yourself.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.