[Koha] itemcallnumber system preference in UNIMARC

Manos PETRIDIS egpetridis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 09:55:07 NZDT 2013

Have recently added a second instance to my koha (v3.14) installation, this
time in UNIMARC, and noticed the following:

The pre-set (default) value for the itemcallnumber syspref is "082ab", and
the example text is "Examples: Dewey: 082ab or 092ab; LOC: 050ab or 090ab;
from the item record: 852hi".

I was under the impression that the correct entry for a UNIMARC installation
would be "676a" for Dewey, or something similar.

Should the observation above be correct, then both the default value and the
example text should be amended to reflect this in UNIMARC installations. As
it regards the example text, I wonder however if MARC flavor selection
during set-up can go beyond framework selection and default values; The text
may have to be expanded to cover more flavours or warn the user that the
example only stands for USMARC/MARC21.

Please verify/correct my comment above, so that a bug note may be created if
needed.

Kind regards,

Manos Petridis