[Koha] Importing Koha Database to a new install

David Nind david.nind at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 07:58:35 NZDT 2013

Hi Phillip.

I think I've figured out what's up.  I managed to determine that the Koha
> database is from Koha version 3.00.00.107 and the version that I've
> installed by default is 3.14.00.000.  This means that the database is
> extremely out of date and can not be "imported" without transforming some
> of the data.

>From the manual installation instructions when updating from a 3.0-3.3 to
version 3.4 or later:

96 Koha 3.4.x or later  no longer stores items in biblio records.
97 If you are upgrading from an older version ou will need to do the
98 following two steps, they can take a long time (several hours) to
99 complete for large databases
100
101  misc/maintenance/remove_items_from_biblioitems.pl --run
102  misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -r

http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=blob;f=INSTALL;hb=HEAD

Also see 8-):
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2013-December/038228.html