[Koha] What's up with That?

Phillip Ponchot pponchot at live.com
Sat Dec 21 00:15:13 NZDT 2013

I installed Ubuntu 12.04 and then following the instructions on the Koha website, I installed Koha not once but three times while trying to get it to work.

On the third time I installed Lynx and tried to connect to Koha directly on the box but all I could get was what looked like an apache web page as the webbrowser said:  "Its working but there's no data when I tried to connect using the localhost and then the server IP Address.

The files that I had to configure look like this:

koha-sites.conf:

DOMAIN=".livingston.org"
INTERPORT="80"
INTRAPREFIX=""
INTRASUFFIX="=intra"
DEFAULTSQL=""
OPACPORT="80"
OPACPREFIX=""
OPACSUFFIX=""
ZEBRA_MARC_FORMAT="marc21"
ZEBRA_LANGUAGE="en"

I can ping the server so the network card interface is working.

My Hosts File:

127.0.0.1       LocalHost
192.168.0.3   Web1.Livingston.org  Web1

Listen 80
and NameVirtualHost *: 80 is in the ports.conf.

My interface file and ifconfig shows that 192.168.0.3 is assigned to this server and the netmask and gateway is correct.

personally, I think that although the install was good, Koha is not stating. (I did reboot the server just in case).   I followed the instructions to the T!

Does anyone have an ideas?  I did not disable the primary web site as I didn't know if I was going to need it later, but according to one set of instructions, this is not necessary.  Would it be better for me to download the Koha install tar.gz file and install from it?

I tried connecting by:

lynx http://192.168.0.3:80 and also tried 8080.

I'm not quite sure at this point as to where I would start looking to find out why Koha is not working.

Thanks,

Phillip