[Koha] Prices and tax in koha (also send on koha-devel)

BOUIS Sonia sonia.bouis at univ-lyon3.fr
Thu Dec 19 03:16:35 NZDT 2013

Hi,
I'm a French librarian working at the University Lyon3 and in charge of  Koha.
I want to know your feelings about the prices processing in koha and the question of the tax.
>From  3.10 version, some prices are recalculated according to this tax before they are stocked in the database. It's a pretty good thing but not all the prices are recalculated and there's sometimes a bad calculation : tax is added or subtracted 2 times... Another difficulty is that there's a lot of tables in acquisitions and not all of them works in the same way...

So I wonder if a decision about the prices and a correction of all the tables in acquisitions isn't necessary...
My suggestion is to stock all the price including tax and to calculate the price in the budget and in all the displaying tables according to the preferences in the vendor. I think, all the scripts of calculation and the template for displaying tables have to be correct.

It could be a new goal for koha 3.16 or perhaps for koha 3.18...

I'm sorry if my explanations are short and not very clear but I want to know what the community thinks of it.

Have a good day

Sonia BOUIS
Responsable du Système intégré de gestion des bibliothèques
SERVICE COMMUN DE LA DOCUMENTATION
Université Jean Moulin Lyon 3
6 Cours Albert Thomas - B.P. 8242 - 69355 Lyon Cedex 08

ligne directe : +33 (0)4 78 78 79 03 | Fax : +33 (0)4 78 78 79 89