[Koha] rebuild zedbra error

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Dec 11 10:35:22 NZDT 2013

First, a question. How have you installed Koha? If you installed using
the packages, then this is not the way to be doing it, instead you
should be using 'sudo koha-rebuild-zebra'. See 'man koha-rebuild-zebra'
for more information on how that works.

If you've installed using a tarball, then your problem is that...

> root at mshome:~# perl -I -I/usr/share/koha/lib /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -a

you have specified -I twice. Get rid of one of them. This causes the
effect that the -I shows up in the path here:

> Can't locate C4/Context.pm in @INC (@INC contains: -I/usr/share/koha/lib

and so it doesn't end up pointing to the Koha Perl libraries.

Also, beware running rebuild_zebra as root, if you're not careful it'll
mess up your permissions causing regular rebuilds to not work.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.