[Koha] koha and photographs

Hernandez, Heather heather_hernandez at nps.gov
Sat Dec 7 05:13:01 NZDT 2013

Hi--

We have a few photograph collections cataloged as such, e.g.:
http://keys.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=28068

We also have some archival collections that contain, or are primarily,
photographs, cataloged at the collection level, with records in our Koha
catalog for the finding aids--we're going to be working on attaching more
refined items to these records (e.g., if the collection contains
photographs and charts, we'll add an item record for photographs and an
item record for charts, to facilitate searching by item type):
http://keys.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?idx=kw&op=and&idx=kw&op=and&idx=kw&do=Search&limit=mc-itype%2Cphr%3AARCHIVES&sort_by=relevance

We also have cataloged a lot of pulp fiction covers, which might be
helpful, since they're also visual materials, and a lot of them have the
image loaded:
http://keys.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?q=pulp+literature+cover

We've also been digitizing and cataloging some bookplates--this search will
bring up the analytic records for the hardcopy bookplates as well as their
digitized, online versions:
http://keys.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?idx=su&q=bookplates

Hope this helps!  Cheerio,
heather

Heather Hernandez
Technical Services Librarian
Cultural Resources and Museum Management Division
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park
heather_hernandez at nps.gov
415-561-7032 (voice)       415-556-3540 (fax)
http://www.nps.gov/safr/historyculture/library-collections.htm

"The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail."--Gustaf Lindborg