[Koha] problem installing Koha on ubuntu virtualbox

Željko Puškarić zpuskaric at sabor.hr
Wed Dec 4 20:20:36 NZDT 2013

Hi Zac,

The problem is that 127.0.0.1 is a loopback address which always points
to the computer on which it is set itself, meaning on Windows machine it
will point to windows machine and on ubuntu virtual machine it will
point to ubuntu machine. To be able to reach koha site on ubuntu virtual
machine you have three options:

1) use ubuntu IP address (in your case 192.168.1.68)
2) put the following line in windows machine and any other machine's
hosts file that will be accesing ubuntu virtual machine (on Windows 7
C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts; on UNIX/Linux machines /etc/hosts):

192.168.1.68 ubuntuhost library.ubuntuhost library-intra.ubuntuhost

3) install a DNS server somewhere on your network and configure it (a
bit beyond the scope of running koha)

With best Regards

Puška