[Koha] Open Source Library Automation Survey Questionnaire

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Tue Aug 27 07:22:11 NZST 2013

On 27 August 2013 03:49,  <benleag at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please help complete this questionnaire. It is intended for current
> open source users who migrated from a commercial ILS.
>

> This questionnaire is designed solely for MSc. academic research work
> in support of dissertation on the topic “Investigation of User
> Challenges with Open Source Library Automation in the United Kingdom”.
> All information supplied shall be used for the purpose of academic
> research only.

Hi Ben

Great Idea, I will pass it on to the Koha librarians I know.

Just one little nit pick, you say commercial, I think you mean
proprietary. There is nothing inherently noncommercial about Koha, I
have made a living working on it for 14 years now :)
It is Free Software (some call it open source) but it isn't inherently
non commercial, just like all proprietary software isn't inherently
commercial. (The of all those android and iphone apps that are free
but closed source).

I'd love if your report could help to bust this myth :)

Chris