[Koha] [Koha-devel] Who is Live DVD manager of version 3.12.x?

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Tue Aug 27 05:10:55 NZST 2013

Vimal, et. al.,

As Tomas stated last time, the release notes list the current members of
the release team. As your term as livedvd manager ended several months ago,
you are not a member of the current release team. You will notice that D.
Ruth Bavousett and Elliott Davis are not currently listed either, despite
having been members of the release team during the 3.12.

I would also note that there was a security release on the Koha 3.12.x
branch last month. If your argument is not just that you released the
livedvd for Koha 3.12.0 (which no one -- other than, apparently, you --
questions) but rather that you are the current maintainer of the Koha
3.12.x livedvd, your argument would be much-strengthened by releasing an
updated version of the livedvd without the serious security flaw which was
addressed in 3.12.3.

That said, I take no particular stance on this question, but I will point
out that Koha is an open source project, and patches are always accepted.
If you feel that your name should be listed in the release notes,
submitting a patch that adds your name (and provides an explanation in the
commit message about why this is necessary) would be a good idea.

Regards,
Jared