[Koha] report for weeding

Heather Braum hbraum at nekls.org
Tue Aug 27 02:40:08 NZST 2013

Karen,

Did you see this report through the Koha community's reports library?
Our libraries use a version of this to help in the weeding process.
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/SQL_Reports_Library

        Weeding tool

SELECT  CONCAT(  '<a href=\"/cgi-bin/koha/cataloguing/additem.pl?biblionumber=',  biblio.biblionumber,'\">',
        items.barcode,  '</a>'  )  AS  'Barcode',  items.itemcallnumber,  biblio.title,
        biblio.copyrightdateAS  'Copyright',  items.dateaccessionedAS  'Accessioned',  items.itype,
        items.issues,  items.renewals,  (IFNULL(items.issues,  0)+IFNULL(items.renewals,  0))  AS  Total_Circ,
        items.datelastborrowed,  items.itemlost,  items.onloan,  items.damaged,  items.itemnotes
FROM  items
LEFT  JOIN  biblioitemsON  (items.biblioitemnumber=biblioitems.biblioitemnumber)
LEFT  JOIN  biblioON  (biblioitems.biblionumber=biblio.biblionumber)
WHERE  items.itype=  <<Item type code|itemtypes>>  AND  items.holdingbranch=<<Branch code|branches>>
       AND  items.itemcallnumberBETWEEN  <<Call number between>>  AND  <<and>>
ORDER  BY  items.itemcallnumber

You may have to tweak it further or use Excel to eliminate what you
won't weed, but it might get you started down the right path.

Our libraries also use reports to identify items that have never checked
out:

SELECT items.barcode as 'Barcode', items.holdingbranch,
items.datelastseen, items.itemcallnumber, biblio.title,
biblio.copyrightdate as 'Copyright', items.dateaccessioned as
'Accessioned', items.itype, items.ccode, items.location FROM items JOIN
biblio USING (biblionumber) WHERE items.homebranch= <<Pick Your
Branch|branches>> AND items.issues IS NULL ORDER BY items.itemcallnumber

and a report that shows items that have never checked out/or haven't
checked out since a specific date:

SELECT items.barcode as 'Barcode', items.holdingbranch,
items.datelastseen, items.datelastborrowed, items.itemcallnumber,
biblio.title, biblio.copyrightdate as 'Copyright', items.dateaccessioned
as 'Accessioned', items.itype, items.ccode, items.location FROM items
JOIN biblio USING (biblionumber) WHERE items.homebranch= <<Pick Your
Branch|branches>> AND (items.issues IS NULL OR items.datelastborrowed <
'2011-01-01') ORDER BY items.itemcallnumber

Hope those help!

-Heather

--
Heather Braum
Digital and Technical Services Librarian

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those cannot read
and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." ~Alvin
Toffler, *Rethinking the Future*