[Koha] How to add new language in the language list

Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel bgkriegel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 01:03:19 NZST 2013

Hi,
to add a language you need to do it in the database.

Copy the following lines to a file "malayalam.sql" and then import into the
database,
then you could view the language in the list in advanced search.

-- Malayalam
INSERT INTO language_subtag_registry( subtag, type, description, added)
VALUES ( 'ml', 'language', 'Malayalam','2013-08-26');

INSERT INTO language_rfc4646_to_iso639(rfc4646_subtag,iso639_2_code)
VALUES( 'ml','mal');

INSERT INTO language_script_mapping(language_subtag,script_subtag)
VALUES( 'ml', 'Mlym');

INSERT INTO language_descriptions(subtag, type, lang, description)
VALUES( 'ml', 'language', 'en', 'Malayalam');

INSERT INTO language_descriptions(subtag, type, lang, description)
VALUES( 'ml', 'language', 'ml', 'മലയാളം');
-- end Malayalam

Regards,
Bernardo

--