[Koha] Seeking a KOHA expert for webinar Q&A

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 20:35:11 NZST 2013

Hi Simon

I am willing to talk about installation and setup using:
http://wiki.lib.sun.ac.za/index.php/KOHA
And also how to implement a disaster recovery regime.

Cheers

hg

On 21 August 2013 09:58, Simon Ball <simon.ball at eifl.net> wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I apologise if this is a misuse of the list, but I wasn't sure how best to
> proceed otherwise.
>
> EIFL.net holds regular free webinars on free / open source library
> software, intended for our network of libraries in 48 developing and
> transition countries but open to all.
>
> Last year, as a follow-up to a webinar on VuFind, we invited the VuFind
> developer and expert Demian Katz to deliver a Q&A webinar - i.e. a short
> overview of new developments then a Q&A session with delegates, many of
> whom sent their questions in advance.
>
> In a survey, our libraries have told us that a similar Q&A webinar on KOHA
> would be much welcomed.
>
> So I am writing to see if there are any KOHA developers or expert users out
> there who might be prepared to deliver a one-hour Q&A webinar for
> librarians in developing and transition countries, perhaps in September?
> I'm afraid we cannot pay a fee but we can provide the webinar software and
> a keen audience!
>
> If you might be able to help, or know someone who might, please contact me
> directly (don't reply to the list unless appropriate as I don't want to
> clutter folks inboxes).
>
> Many thanks for your time - and again my apologies if this is off-topic for
> this list.
> Best wishes
> Simon
>
> --
> Dr Simon Ball
> EIFL FOSS Programme Manager
> simon.ball at eifl.net
> Skype: simontechdis
> Twitter: @simonjball
>
> *EIFL: Knowledge Without Boundaries* <http://www.eifl.net/>
>
> Follow *EIFL* on *Facebook* <http://www.facebook.com/eIFL.net>,
> *Twitter *<http://twitter.com/eIFLnet>
> and *RSS* <http://www.eifl.net/rss-all>.
>
> View *EIFL *photos and videos on *Flickr *<
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/eifl/>
> and *YouTube* <http://www.youtube.com/user/eiflnet/featured>.
>
> Sign up for the *EIFL **newsletter* <http://www.eifl.net/newsletter>.

*Hilton Gibson*
Ubuntu Linux Systems Administrator
JS Gericke Library
Room 1025D
Stellenbosch University
Private Bag X5036
Stellenbosch
7599
South Africa

Tel: +27 21 808 4100 | Cell: +27 84 646 4758
http://library.sun.ac.za
http://za.linkedin.com/in/hiltongibson
http://staff.lib.sun.ac.za/~hgibson/docs/cv/cv.html