[Koha] How to activate memcached after installation?

Victor Pang victorp at netmedia.com.sg
Wed Aug 21 19:44:01 NZST 2013

I have already installed Koha 3.12.3. How do I activate memcached on a live
installation, assuming I have also installed and running the memcached
server?

I assume I need to amend the SetEnv variables MEMCACHED_SERVERS and
MEMCACHED_NAMESPACE in koha-httpd.conf...on some documentation,
MEMCACHED_SERVERS is "127.0.0.1:11211" while on others, it is
"localhost:11211" (I do know that localhost is IP address 127.0.0.1 but
there is subtle difference in them when used in certain context). Also, some
documentation states MEMCACHED_NAMESPACE as "KOHA" while others is "Koha" or
"kohl", so which one is correct?

Are there other files to modify other than the above? Maybe the koha install
log file (where is it, by the way?) so that a future Koha update/upgrade
will pick up the memcached configuration?