[Koha] planning categories in acquisitions

Henry Rowsell H.Rowsell at ids.ac.uk
Thu Apr 18 22:12:14 NZST 2013

Hi Koha Community

First time on here, but hope you can help out. I'm an acquisitions librarian wanting to make best use of the statistical options available in the Acquisitions module for tracking spending, but I am unable to fully understand from the example in the documentation how to make this work.

I'd like some advice on using the statistics 1 and 2 fields (also referred to as planning values or planning categories) on the order form within Acquisitions. When I have tried to set values for these when creating or editing a fund, it presents various other values available to other admin functions in Koha, but cannot then see such values when back on the order form. How (and where in the system) can one set these values or add more variables? and then how does one use them for reporting?

What I am hoping is that I can set values such as the names of courses or groups at my institute that I could apply as an extra level of statistical detail to funds or sub-funds within my acquisitions budgets.

We are currently using version 3.06.02.003.

Many thanks!
Henry

Henry Rowsell
Acquisitions Librarian
BLDS (British Library for Development Studies)
Institute of Development Studies
at the University of Sussex, Brighton BN1 9RE

Tel. +44 (0)1273 915661
email: h.rowsell at ids.ac.uk
website: www.blds.ids.ac.uk

BLDS is funded by DFID (through the Mobilising Knowledge for Development Programme) and IDS.

Join our Publications Exchange programme, to have your material made available in BLDS, and to receive the IDS Bulletin in return! If your organisation produces publications that could be supplied to us on this exchange basis,  please email k.butcher at ids.ac.uk.   We particularly welcome requests from developing country organizations.

This message is for the addressee only and may contain privileged or confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of IDS. Institute of Development Studies at the University of Sussex, Brighton BN1 9RE Tel: +44 (0)1273 606261; Fax: +44 (0)1273 621202 IDS, a charitable company limited by guarantee: Registered Charity No. 306371; Registered in England 877338; VAT No. GB 350 899914