[Koha] Question on Cataloguing Graduate Thesis

David Friggens friggens at waikato.ac.nz
Tue Apr 9 15:49:35 NZST 2013

> Where/how do you catalog multiple graduate theses in a single binding in
> dewey/loc/foobar?

IANAC (I Am Not A Cataloguer) for for LCC, I know of a library that
catalogues all its (individual) theses under AS741 (Academies and
learned societies - By region or country - Oceania - New Zealand)
rather than the individual subjects. For example:
AS741 VUW TC 27   (the 27th masters in chemistry)
AS741 VUW PhD TEd 22   (the 22nd doctorate in education)

It looks like AS22 is the equivalent for USA. Something similar could
be done for bound volumes, and presumably for Dewey too (378.2?
011.75? 378.071?)

David