[Koha] How often do upgrades happen to Koha?

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 9 07:33:11 NZST 2013

Greetings,

> One final question... on average, how frequently is Koha updated
> (so I can determine support requirements if we have to move to Red Hat as
> opposed to Debian)?

Roughly, every month is a BUG fix, no enhancements are added, as far as I
understand.
Every 6 months is a new version, enhancements that were held back and are
tested and Q/A make it in plus bug fixes.

I do not believe you have to update every month (unless you find something
fixed that you are encountering), and you may even be able to get along
nicely skipping a new version (unless that new fangled enhancement is just a
necessity you can't live without). Annual updates keep you from falling too
far behind and keep your system administration needs to a minimum. Though
under debian-based OS'es, two or three commands monthly isn't so bad. ;)

GPML,
Mark Tompsett