[Koha] Koha - Red Hat question

Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel bgkriegel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 23:36:01 NZST 2013

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Hartman, David W. - GBTS Library <
David.W.Hartman at disney.com> wrote:

> All,
>    We saw the Koha wiki and Red Hat looked pretty straight forward…. I
> hear rumors that it is not recommended to run Koha on Red hat .. Can anyone
> share best practices on Red Hat and Koha
>
> David,
as Koha depends on Apache+MySQL+Perl+Zebra then it could probably run on
any Linux distribution,
the difference is on how much work you need to set it up.

Most important thing is your Perl version, you need >= 5.10.
Is that's not the case, you need to compile Perl and all the needed
modules. Doable, but too much work.

If you have the right Perl, check how many needed modules can
install from packages (you need all listed by koha_perl_deps:pl -m -u)
The more you have, less work.

Check if your distribution have Zebra, if not compile it.

With that dependencies solved, Koha can run happily without problems.

Regards,
Bernardo

PS: I installed Koha 3.10 on CentOS 5.3, so I had to do all the work.