[Koha] Replacement cost deleting or changing on batch modification

Jim Maroon storypage at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 03:13:10 NZDT 2013

Hi, all. We are having a problem with batch modification, and I hope
someone out there has found a work around or way to fix it.

We have a default replacement price of $15. This is inserted in the item
record when we create an item. The only time we use this is when the item
is a gift and has no price attached to it. Otherwise, we use the retail
price for the item. This of course flags circ when an item is lost or
damaged and needs to be replaced by the patron.

The problem we are having is the actual replacement price is being replaced
by the default price when we do batch modification on one or multiple
items. We tried taking out the default price in our settings, but then it
just replaces the replacement price with nothing.

Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, did you find a fix for it?
I'm wondering if there is something about Koha we are missing.

Thanks in advance!