[Koha] DOM versus grs-1

Barry Cannon barry at oslo.ie
Thu Sep 27 02:25:21 NZST 2012

Hello,
         I recently upgraded a site from Koha 3.6 to 3.8.5 (via 3.8.3).
Shortly afterwards we noticed that there was quite a few biblios not
appearing on the search results even though they exist in the database.
After trying many, many things I decided to switch from DOM to grs-1 and
rebuild the indexes. This has resolved the problem and the search
results are now correct. Switching back to DOM brings back the problem.

Does anyone know why this might be the case - broadly speaking. Should
DOM and grs create the same index result set by using different filters
or are these types of differences expected?

Thanks
Barry