[Koha] MARC Edit

Arslan Farooq arslanone at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 01:25:32 NZST 2012

Hi Agha

Dear sirs, hello

I'm sure you meant dear sirs *and* misses :)

Just two things that came to my mind, for the rest, someone with proper
expertise may soon reply to you.

I hope you created a new framework like explained here:
http://manual.koha-community.org/3.6/en/catadmin.html#marcbibframeworks

> We can’t edit the framework every time we need to add a tag or a subfield,
> especially which we might not use this tags with all the records we’re
> cataloging.

And, well yes, we should not do that... editing the framework every time we
need to add a tag or subfield. But, what we *should* do is we enable all
the fields we *may* need during cataloging, and when we do the cataloging,
we simply leave the fields we might not need for a _specific_ record.
Simple.

Regards,
arslan