[Koha] Problem linking Genre/Form authorities

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Wed Sep 12 03:05:48 NZST 2012

Hello.

I have just migrated from koha 3.2.5 to koha 3.8 (new installation, new
> database, imported biblio+auth+items) and I have a little problem:
> if I search the authorities from the staff client I see "0 biblio(s)" for
> all the GENRE/FORM authorities, while the authors (PERSO_NAME) are fine.
>
> I do:
>    sudo PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib perl link_bibs_to_authorities.pl -v
> -l
>    sudo -u koha PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib perl
> migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -a -b -r -v
>
> link_bibs_to_authorities.pl report:
>    Linked headings (from most frequent to least):
>    -------------------------------------------------------
>    Romanzo:        1296 occurrences
>    Narrativa italiana:     932 occurrences
>    ....(many more)
>
> Then I search 'Romanzo' in the authorities (Genre/Form Term) and I see "0
> biblio(s)"!
> Is there something I'm missing? Thank you in advance!

You are not missing anything. There is a bug in indexing bibliographic
records in 3.8.1+ (bug 8653). There is already a fix but it has not been
included in a release yet. The good news is, your authority file is linked
correctly, so as soon as that fix gets into Koha (and you upgrade),
everything will resume working and normalcy will be restored.

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/