[Koha] Zebra not updating biblios automatically in koha 3.8

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Tue Sep 4 11:42:16 NZST 2012

At 10:08 PM 9/3/2012 +0200, tajoli at cilea.it wrote:
[snip]
>In fact the value of 003 is always the same for all bib records of your
>Koha instance.

My understanding is that it should not be _your_ library unless _you_
created the 001 control number. As I said earlier, there are other choices
and options, but if you retain e.g. the British Library control number in
001, you retain "Uk" in 003:

Which is why I'm a tad confused by Jared's comment that "Authid is already
stored in 001 in authority records." Maybe this means "Koha uses 001 as
Authid"??? We have hundreds of imported "authorities" in our production
3.6.1 and all authority searches seem to be fine (mind you we do check
regularly for duplicate authorities -- this is one point that I do not have
a good handle on. If our cataloguers "forget" to see if an authority
already exists and "choose" it if it does, we systematically end up with
duplicate auths.)

Here's an example from our catalogue using authorities/detail.pl for a
Library of Congress Z39.50 transfer -- a single author with 11 biblios and
19 items:

000 - LEADER
   @ 00394nz a2200133o 4500
001 - CONTROL NUMBER
   @ 2005057987
003 - CONTROL NUMBER IDENTIFIER
   @ DLC
005 - DATE AND TIME OF LATEST TRANSACTION
   @ 20110813090406.0
008 - FIXED-LENGTH DATA ELEMENTS
   @ 110310|||a|||||| | ||| d
040 ## - CATALOGING SOURCE