[Koha] 3.8.4 Error message when editing authorities

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Mon Sep 3 01:44:06 NZST 2012

Elaine,

This is what I get when I edit an authority record.  No major edit, I
> only added a space after an initial.:
>
> "An error has occurred!
> Error 500
> In Koha this typically means that the Koha team is working on new features
> Wait while system maintenance is being done or email the Koha
> administrator.
> Use top menu bar to navigate to another part of Koha."

This sounds to me like an issue with the merge functionality [update: this
IS a problem with the merge functionality, based on your follow-up e-mail].
There was a bug with the merge functionality until 3.8.4 (bug 8576). I know
you just updated one of your servers to 3.8.4, though, which confuses me.
Is this on a server that wasn't updated yet?

> If you go back to look at the MARC the change is there, but when it
> displays in the hit list after searching authorities, it displays the
> old version.
> Does this mean we're still having indexing problems?

If waiting until the cronjob runs doesn't resolve the indexing issue, I
suspect the error probably occurred before the authority was added to the
zebraqueue, but I don't have any evidence to back me up on this.

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/