[Koha] Zebra not updating biblios automatically in koha 3.8

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Sat Sep 1 08:39:32 NZST 2012

At 08:37 PM 8/31/2012 +0100, Elaine Bradtke wrote:
>My colleagues are reporting a similar problem with 3.8.4
>Downloading and editing of records seems to function normally, but
>once it is saved,  none of the usual searches brings it up, and
>running a report on recently catalogued items give zero results.
>
>mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.63, for debian-linux-gnu (i486) using readline 6.1
>  Apache/2.2.16 (Debian)
>Zebra version:Zebra 2.0.50
>
>Any ideas?

I have found that 3.8.x may have problems with env vars not being available
to cron. Please try editing:

sudo vi /home/koha/.bashrc

Add the following two lines:

export PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib
export KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/koha-conf.xml
:x

then reboot your server.  This in itself cannot do any harm, and could well
cure your problem.

Best - Paul