[Koha] Improving the advanced search form

Gay Richards g.richards at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Oct 25 15:45:24 NZDT 2012

Agree advanced search could and should be improved, but don't like example suggested.

I generallly like the "look: of the Koha advanced search page. The problem (apart from any accessibility issues) is that some functions don't work as one might expect - as outlined below. Also:

We would like to turn off or limit languages to onees that are actually available in our catalog.

The Search for additional content types is really misleading as it relies on codes from marc field 008 which may or may not have been used.
I'm sure I have other issues with this screen and I would be keen to discuss any improvements further. We support anything that makes it more accessible too.  Gay